My Digital Brain
Technology is becoming so ubiquitous that we rarely spend any time without it. This complex relationship comes with many side-effects—altering how we remember information; changing how and when we are exposed to advertising; and relieving us of the need to think for ourselves.
For better or worse, our minds are going digital.
The series starts here:
1. My Digital Brain—An introduction to the relationship between mind and machine.
2. The Digital Haze—How does the internet alter how we learn and what we remember?
3. Keep Your Eyes Peeled and Wallets Open—How is our relationship with advertising changing and what does it mean for us?
4. Do You Trust the Internet to Think For You?—It’s easy to find whatever you want on the internet, but then, it’s also easy to outsource proper thought.
5. Crossing the Digital Divide—What will happen when we can Google search using only our mind?
6. The AI+Human Apocalypse—What is the biggest threat to our future—Terminator-like intelligent machines, or cyborg humans driven by greed and power?
7. Will the Future be Filled with Biased Robots?—We must teach robots how to behave, but are we the best role models?
8. In the Future, Your Car Will Have Morals and May Want to Kill You—Who do you think your car would prefer to run off the road? That depends on what set of morals it has…